2.03.2010

Love Hurts...

I expected for my son to get bumps and bruises from crawling around, pulling up on everything, cruising along the coffee table, etc. But I didn't expect for baby-raising to be so rough on me! Henry has taken to a few painful demonstrations of his love, lately. For example:

He bites my neck or shoulder when I'm holding him. He has 5 teeth now, so it hurts.

When I'm nursing him, he kneads and pinches my skin on my neck or chest. I have several red marks where he dug his little nails in too hard. He used to grab my nose and mouth when I nursed him but now we've transitioned to the neck knead.

It's probably normal but I have had quite a few bite marks and red pinch marks on my body.

4 comments:

lindsey said...

Ow! Anniston STILL doesn't have any teeth, so I really can't imagine the bites! Ow!

Jeff and Lauren said...

Hahaha...just before I read this Will was poking me in the eyes. I get pinched a lot too during nursing. Must be love pinches.

The Tylers said...

I don't remember too much of the pinching and pulling at that age...mainly because I couldn't process a whole lot the first 2 years of Jake and LG's childhood(sad I know) but I can certainly sympathize now! Landry has the LONGEST fingers and pinches the devil out of me. She knows what she is doing though...Henry does not. Big difference:). Henry is sooo cute!

Deb said...

YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT! I remember getting BONKED and BONKED again by "the deadly head"...and also that Josh kicked me SO HARD before he even came out my ribs hurt til he was 8 months old.