2.19.2010

Paci Wars

I was a little smug, perhaps. You see, the last time that Henry used a pacifier was when he was 4 months old on our trip to the South around labor day. He had never really been too interested in his pacifier so we just nipped it in the bud, no problem!

I was proud.

UNTIL, we got ready to fly to the south in January. I brought a couple of old pacifiers that I found. My thought was that it might work to entertain him in case he got fussy on the flight. I was trying to be a nice fellow human, right? Well, on the way down, Henry wasn't interested in the pacifiers but on the return flight, he became addicted.

Now, he finds pacifiers under the couch and shoves them in his mouth. I'll be honest, they seem to make him happy! Also, they are miraculous for putting Henry down to bed...I could put him down wide awake with a pacifier and it wouldn't be a problem.

But, geez, Louise! He is almost 10 months old! Why now? STELLA! I think we're going to have to nip it in the bud before it gets too serious but it'll be not fun.

6 comments:

ChristineGTaylor said...

You can gently wean your baby off of the pacifier with http://www.pacifierbgone.com/

Good Luck!

randi frazier anderson said...

I've flirted with the idea of reintroducing the paci myself...as I'm a little weary of having to be a human substitute for one! He's even given up the thumb and literally only sucks on ME! Hence the ferberizing for bed. Nightime's okay, but some days if I can't lay down with him he goes ALL DAY without a nap. :(
Ahh- such a big decision! Maybe I'll wait and see how Henry's paci-weaning goes before I make a decision! :)

Marylou said...

Ha! Shall I make you feel better? My child is a blossoming 16 months and still in love with her paci. I have decided that there are worse things and we shall begin to tackle the issue over spring break and then completely wean ourselves before we are 2....I'll let u know how it works out!! yikes!

CaseyWiegand said...

girl, i feel your pain....for 11 months he has been glued to his...im not sure how in the world we r going to get rid of it....

Our Family said...

Ha...I wish I had weaned Addy at a year along with the bottle and breastmilk!! There was a time when she seemed less interested, but now she is totally addicted!! We are going to work on it this summer....hopefully it will work, but I need my sleep right now and it does put her back to sleep!

Ann Miller said...

like taking crack from an addict...just pray that your insurance pays for braces!!!