2.19.2008

Ho-Hum

I think that work sucks the creativity out of me. Notice, back last summer, when I wasn't working and still getting paychecks for teaching the previous year.. ahhh.... notice, THEN, that I had (relatively) interesting things to write about. Ah well, we must pay the bills, eh? Or be bandits. EIther way.

Currently I'm sitting in Adam's office while he studies. I'm sitting criss-cross applesauce on the couch and Powers is leaning his head on my knee taking a nap. We've been making an effort to go to the YMCA almost everyday- I think it's the antidote to the winter blues. It definitely helps even out my mood.

I just finished this book:



Folks, it's sad. But it's also mesmerizing. I don't know how else to describe it. But the writing is absolutely beautiful. The book is about a hastily made decision that is hidden. The power of a secret.
Thanks to my great mom-in-law who mailed it to me and keeps me in the books- Gracias!

3 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Have you read "The Wednesday Letters"....good read or so I think. I just got done w/ "Into the Wild"....based on a true story about a guy in his 20's that goes into AK wilderness to live and ends up dying. I guess it is a movie now but have not seen it yet. I want to read that Veil of Roses you talked about. So many books so little time. I am starting "Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day" the discovery that revolutionizes home baking.........it better damn well revolutionize something for $21.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I did get a $8.39 discount because I know someone that works at Barnes & Noble.....it would have been $27.95 + tax......the buggers.

Lora said...

I just read a wonderful and creative letter that you sent to be forwarded. WHAT A WRITER! It's still in there, you just have to dig deeper!