3.02.2010

Soy What?

So, I mixed soy milk with Henry's cereal for the first time today instead of breast milk. And he was all over that. Then I tried some soy milk and I was all over that. I mean, it was the vanilla kind and dang, Gina! It's good.

It's just been more challenging to pump every morning to get milk for the day's cereal so, since he's over 10 months old, we decided to hop on the soy wagon. But, I'm still breastfeeding...still not quite sure how long the milk maiden voyage will last.

5 comments:

Jeff and Lauren said...

Dang! I am jealous now! I can't get Will to drink that stuff for the life of me!!! Even the vanilla kind is a no-go here.

Jeff and Lauren said...

And PS, I am weaning Will now too. This morning I attempted to take away his morning nursing (he is down to just that and bedtime now) and he sobbed. Big alligator tears. But what really got me was that as I am trying to console and distract, he was pointing to the rocking chair and my boppy pillow. Weaning is sad.

Marylou said...

Yay! I'm glad he liked it :) It's sweet yum. When T used to drink it I would too- I like it best on cereal!

Olson Family said...

Jacob is done with bottles as of yesterday. I'm sooo excited. He gets plenty of calories/vitamins/nutrients in his meals along with sippy cups of milk. Random, but I saw Henry wearing that cute little red shirt in your "boo" picture:) If you found that at Walmart I got my boys about every color they sell! 3.50 is sooo cheap and they were surprisingly cute! I had their names put on them too:)

C and G said...

Good idea! I may have to try some soy milk...