5.21.2011

Role-Modeling.

Unrelated picture: Bethany & I with our little sons, pre-haircut

Kids keep you accountable. Even when they are teensy-weensy. One thing that I've been encouraged in lately is modeling constant communion with God for Henry (even though I'm far from consistent at it) & trying to teach him that we can stop at anytime and pray to and talk to and thank God. This has led to some funny conversations and prayer times in the car. Let me just say, Henry is really thankful for choo-choo's and tractors. And dump trucks. And garbage trucks. And mailmen. (You get the point.)

On the converse, last week the four of us were going to the store and it was pouring rain and I was trying to get Elliot out of the car and we got stuck and I said, "Ugh. Mama sucks." And Henry repeated, "Mama Suck!" And I was like, Oh Lord. Please don't let that be a new vocabulary word that sticks into his brain. Luckily, it hasn't been said again to date. I am learning to replace unpleasant words with new catch phrases like Oh, tartar sauce!

Oh, Lord. Help a Mama out. Grant me wisdom and strength to raise my boys in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4




1 comment:

Our Family said...

That is so true!!! We are trying to get the words "stupid thing" out of Addy's vocabulary!!! It may not seem bad for you to say, but when a 2 year old says it things are completely different!!