8.19.2007

wild animals

short story:

this morning i had my long run at the peninsula. it was really early and there weren't many people on the trail, so I, as a woman, was trying to be cautious and aware of my surroundings. I was running down a winding part of the path and all of a sudden as i rounded a curve, something darted out in front of me. I gasped, it was.. it was...

a wild turkey.




mr. turkey was HUGE, his head was almost up to my shoulder! he ran in front of me for a few moments and then darted into the woods. i was kinda scared he would peck me and give me a black eye like those ostriches in 'dude, where's my car'. but alls well that ends well.....

4 comments:

Lora said...

There is an entire flock on turkeys that I see quite often on my way to the park. We also have run by an occasional turkey. Our treat early Saturday was 2 deer and a rabbit in Forest Circle-the middle of town. My most rare spotting was a fox. That makes the running so much better!

Rachael said...

I think you should be able to see my blog now..if not let me know. I

kjds said...

1. i love the pic of mary lou! i think i met her once ...
2. perhaps you are right on the boxer thing ... i only wish you could have seen this boxer pouncing and bouncing while bagby was scurrying away near his mama!
3. i love your blog. i always laugh!
4. my work phone is ringing like crazy and my cubemate's is too! how is your cube?

Rachael said...

okay I changed my blog settings - its back open to everyone. Enjoy!