12.28.2007

My Recommendation....

You must read:


VEIL OF ROSES by Laura Fitzgerald

I just finished it- my sweet mother-in-law (she's an enabler) mailed it my way and it's fantastic. A great novel that opens your eyes to oppressed women in other parts of the world BUT is also heartwarming and absolutely lovely and you'll smile and laugh out loud. I love laughing out loud when I read a book, don't you?

The heroine's name is Tamila and she is a 27-year-old woman from Iran. Her parents love her and want for her a better life. So for her birthday, she is given a 90 day VISA to come visit her sister in America and, essentially, find a husband so that she can stay. The novel entails her adventures and fresh-eyed experiences from Starbucks to an O.C.D. suitor and...

May I quote every book report ever given?

If you want to know the rest, read the book!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I'm always up for a good book recommendation. I just started reading "Club Sandwich" but I'll definitely look for this one next!