9.22.2009

Better Than Marley?

For me, yes. It was! Although it's unfair to compare the two books.




I just read Lost and Found and it was a good, good read but also easy to read. It's not just a happy dog book. It deals with grief (the book begins with the main character losing her husband unexpectedly to a heart-attack and she chops off all her hair and moves to an island) and mental illness and friendships in unusual places and just all sorts of crazy interwoven topics and ideas. Sheehan gives such an artful depiction of her character's thoughts and emotions, it gives you a clear pictures of what they are feeling. She gives a voice to every crazy whispering, every stomach knot. I could go on and on, but I won't. Instead, I'll say...

If you want to know what happens, read the book!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I loved Marley & Me...I'll have to read this!

Lora said...

Found this quite by mistake waiting for your plane on vacation. She is an excellent writer.