10.07.2009

Good Reminder

Personal worship is an absolute necessity for a strong marriage. It comes down to this: If I stop receiving from God, I start demanding from others. Instead of appreciating and loving and serving others, I become disappointed in them. Instead of cherishing my wife, I become aware of her shortcomings. I take out my frustrations with a less-than-perfect life and somehow blame her for my lack of fulfillment.

Bu when my heart gets filled by God's love and acceptance, I'm set free to love instead of worrying about being loved. I'm motivated to serve instead of becoming obsessed about whether I'm being served. I'm moved to cherish instead of feeling unappreciated.


-Gary Thomas
Sacred Marriage

P.S. Someone asked me if I recommend reading Sacred Marriage alongside the Sacred Marriage devotionals. Yes, I would recommend it but either are beneficial, even alone.

No comments: