9.28.2010

The Details

So, I went to the doctor today and everything seems fine and they scheduled my c-section for 10-25-10,which is a Monday. (Remember that I ended up having to have a c-section with Henry after my stubborn cervix wouldn't cooperate?) So, any of you 2nd time c-sectioners,how does it compare? I am so thankful that my Mom will be with us for a while because I hear that you're not supposed to pick up anything heavy (i.e. a toddler) for a couple of weeks. I can't imagine how that will go down but, thank the Good Lord, Henry is super attached to his Daddy and not as much me these days. That will hopefully ease the transition!

Did I mention that we have decided upon a name? We have! Maybe I will share it tomorrow! But only if we clarify that "appropriate" comments are positive affirmations or exclamations regarding cuteness. "Inappropriate" comments are negative opinions on the aforementioned name. We're not taking a poll- it's already been decided. So, go ahead and wrap your mind around that, negative nay-sayers.

Have a great Tuesday! I am hosting playgroup today and excited to see some friends!

10 comments:

The Tylers said...

I have had 2 c-sections and have no worries....the 2nd is MUCH better than the first. As my dr. was doing my 2nd section, he kept talking about howmuch scar tissue I had and how it was taking him forever to cut the incision.... That I could have done without hearing!! But hopefully this go-round will be easier (surgery wise) for you as well.

Jessica Stephenson said...

I am scheduled for the same day! Of course, if my little boy decides to come a little earlier; I would be okay with that too.

Jessica Stephenson said...

I am scheduled for the same day! Of course, if my little boy decides to come a little earlier; I would be okay with that too.

Jessica Stephenson said...

I am scheduled for the same day; for my second c-section as well. Of course, I wouldn't mind him coming a few days earlier at this point!

Sarah Duke said...

I can't believe Baby #2 is that close to arriving! I will be praying for y'all as you make the transition to a family of 4! Can't wait to hear the name! I bet it's perfect!

Olson Family said...

2nd C section- even more awesome than the first!! So much easier... I was up and at em so much sooner than #1. You will be holding Henry again in no time. And, almoast 18 months later my scar is almost invisible. Can't wait to hear the name!

CaseyWiegand said...

sooooo much easier, andthe whole newborn thing seems like a breeze after having a little wild man to chase around:)!!

Gabe said...

I still think Mom's idea of Cleatus Maddog Jennings had a great ring to it.

Ann Miller said...

light at the end of the tunnel!! emma was 10-27...which is why i missed andrew's wedding on 10-25; thinking of you and knowing how ready you are!!! love love!

lindsey said...

Thank you for the details!!! So excited for you guys! Looking forward to hearing how the second section goes :). I have a cousin who told me it was better than the first for her, so I will pray and believe that is the case for you! Can't wait to hear the name!!