9.30.2010

El Nombre

Ok, soooo it took a while for us to pick this time around but the name is

Elliot Hayden Jennings

We obviously love the old-fashioned literary names, huh? First Henry James now a Mr. Elliot...

Elliot means The Lord is my God according to the name website we used for research. With Henry, we didn't really consider name meaning too much but he has certainly lived into his name meaning..."king of the house." We also are inspired by Jim Elliot & I love Elisabeth Elliot's writings. Passion and Purity was one of my favorite books in high school. Hayden means "hedged valley" which we've totally taken and hope to mean that he'll be hedged in by God's love.

I actually really like the name Hayden alone but, not knowing how many kids we'll have, it feels like we're setting ourselves up to do all H names then and that could be challenging.

Remember, no negative comments on the name, please. It's a done deal. Unless the baby comes out looking like a Sam or Billy or something. Then, we'll reassess.

23 comments:

Sarah Lynne said...

Great nombre!

Amanda E. said...

I love it! And he'll have two excellent options later on in life as far as what he would like to be called :-D Great choice!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

randi frazier anderson said...

Oh- I really love it. Elliot is one of my favorite names! Oliver Elliot was one of our choices for Fraz. Elliot is my brother's middle name. Also makes me think of E.T. And that's an awesome movie. Can't wait to see this little guy!! Henry and Elliot. Classy, you guys, truly classy. :)

Corinne said...

I love the name :)

Tiffany said...

Me gusta!

Elaine said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Cam,
I like his name! Remember, you can always call him "Bubba". rrr

Chrome Cowgirl

Jenna Cox said...

I love it! So cute and sweet!

C and G said...

Okay, I am truly loving this name! Henry and Elliot are definately classic, strong boy names. You guys did great!! Perfect!

lindsey said...

LOVE the name! So adorable. And, the meanings are awesome.

Bethany said...

OMG! I canNOT believe you are naming your baby Elliot with only 1 t at the end of it. JK....I love the name (with only 1 t). I can hear you now calling your boys, "Henry! Elliot! Stop trying to ride Powers!"

Allison said...

I love it!!

The Tylers said...

Love it! Saw your dad yesterday. He is so proud of you...love daddys! Will be praying for you. Henry will be such a fun big brother!!

Lindsay said...

LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! My team WVU got beat in Death Valley the other night, it was painful. LOL...I had my hopes SO high! I was going to say something to you but I forgot so here's the after the fact. But exciting game anyway!

Our Family said...

Such a cute name!!! It sounds very prestigious! Maybe he will be a doctor like his daddy! : )

Sarah said...

I ADORE it! I love saying D's full name...Dean Elliot Feigleson....ok so maybe I yell it sometimes. Elliot is such a sharp, smart & classic name! Bravo!!!!!

lauren said...

love it camille!

Olson Family said...

LOVE IT! I love those kind of names too! They are timeless!

Joanna said...

Precious! H & E will be the best of friends! :)

Melanie said...

Love it!

Amanda said...

Love the name!