9.27.2010

Welcome Fall!


No matter how great the trip, can enough be said about how marvelous it is to be in your own home again? (especially when you washed your sheets just before you left!) In case you missed it, Adam has been gone since August 27th, when he left PA in my station wagon and drove down to Texas for a rotation. My Mom arrived on the same day and we worked on the nursery before leaving on August 31st to fly with Henry down to Louisiana. I stayed in Louisiana for a couple of weeks before I headed over to Texas to stay with my in-laws and Adam.

It was an amazing visit- it does my heart good to see Henry being loved on by his grandparents and family. I was able to be present for a friend's engagement. I relaxed and didn't do much (any) housework at all and spent time with friends and family. It was a good month and so refreshing. But when we flew back to good ol' PA on Saturday, my heart was happy. It was FALL here (my favorite!), we saw some dear friends, and I just felt ready- like, it's a new season here and we're entering this new season with another wonderful son and I am excited.

A little funny story for you is this: First off, we realized that after yesterday, Henry has been on 20 individual flights in his 17 months on earth. The kid is a frequent flyer champ! Secondly, this was the first trip where we bought him his own seat. The last trip did not go well when he was in our laps and we thought he would sleep better/be less squirmy in his own car seat (essentially tied down).

Well, it did work out well but on the way home, Henry discovered that he could kick the seat in front of him really well with the height and clearance that his car seat gave him. Score! The guy in front of him was a super corporate 30-something guy with no wedding ring and presumably no kids. Yikes. Henry was sitting next to Adam so I offered to switch seats with this guy since, despite our admonishments, Henry would probably repeatedly kick his seat. Super-corporate guy refused my offer but about 20 minutes (and a few kicks) later, he did order rum & coke (it was 9:15 a.m.).


7 comments:

Lora said...

KICK AWAY, HENRY----you offered--he had no one but himself to blame. Looking forward to being in Erie and seeing those leaves!

The Tylers said...

Welcome back "bad blogger" and thanks for the laugh!! Impressive on the number of flights....wow!!!

The Tylers said...

Welcome back "bad blogger" and thanks for the laugh!! Impressive on the number of flights....wow!!!

Olson Family said...

some days I want a rum and coke ...at 9:15 a.m. :) Ohhh boys! Gotta love em! Glad you got to relax on your trip! And jealous of your beautiful fall scenery!

Olson Family said...

girrrrl. Sometimes I want a rum and coke at 9:15a.m. :) Glad you had a relaxing trip and that you returned home to beautiful fall scenery! The only thing red where I live is the dirt. Enjoy the season!

Bethany said...

Excited that you are back home in Erie but sad we aren't there to spend time with you. Looking forward to seeing you at the end of October. Love you friend!

Our Family said...

That is hilarious! I can just see you trying to switch seats with that poor guy!!