4.13.2011

True Story.


So, we decided to list the house with a realtor and we had set up last night as the time to finalize and sign contracts. The two ladies showed up at 5 p.m. and Adam hadn't gotten home from work yet. Both the boys were awake and in rare form. I hadn't showered yesterday and smelled like spit-up. One realtor was walking through the house confirming square footage calculations and the other was downstairs with me as I held Elliot, who had skipped his last nap.

Henry followed the calculating realtor and I tried to pay attention as the other realtor went through the paperwork. Meanwhile, I ignore the continual beeping of the oven as my casserole was finished and I could hear Henry chatting up the calculating realtor. Elliot spits up all over my shirt and Adam finally walks in the door and the calculating realtor comes downstairs to meet him. Adam says Hi to all of us and asks where Henry is.

Calculating realtor says, "I think he's upstairs, shirtless & plunging the toilet."

Adam walks upstairs to find Henry, indeed, sans shirt and plunging the toilet- water flying everywhere. He was happy as a clam.





9 comments:

Brooke & Freeland said...

These are moments you should take advantage of us living 10 minutes away and call us to take your kids outside & play with them while you do what you gotta do!!! CRAZY!!! Although I guess you couldnt predict that was all going to happen! :)

Hannah Lee said...

Oh My-lanta! Just give kids a few seconds and they can make the most out of it! I bet it was kind of cute though. Maybe.

The Tylers said...

These are the days!!! Hilarious!

lauren said...

oh my gosh i needed that laugh today!

Sarah said...

oh my goodness! I SO NEEDED A GIGGLE TODAY! Thank you. Love hearing your hysterical and completely sweet stories.

Lindsay said...

So funny! My mom was just telling me a story today about how little boys are fascinated with toilets!

kristin said...

I read this outloud to smith and had to stop twice due to laughter!! To make it better, my son has been dragging a (new, never used!) plunger around for the past two weeks in our garage. So your story makes me feel better. Boys!!

Anonymous said...

Of course your story is true. You can't make that stuff up. More to come--just wait.

Chrome Cowgirl

Katie Jobczynski said...

i don't know if i have the ability to breathe i'm laughing so hard. i wish i could've been free to help watch henry plunge the toilet!