Now that I'm in week 34, I'm starting to think more about the day. One of my baby emails told me that I should have my suitcase ready in case Henry comes- because it could be at any time! So, I've started thinking about what to pack and I'd love any suggestions from the peanut gallery-
1. Snacks for Adam. I don't think that I can eat anything but ice chips but Adam may get hungry and I'll be darned if he's leaving me to go pick up something to eat! I was thinking oranges, trail mix, protein bar, anything that'd be good fuel in case labor lasts longer than the two hours I anticipate! Ha!
2. Socks. I've heard that you should bring multiple pairs of socks because, let's face it, the first ones are going to look like someone was murdered while wearing them.
3. Pajamas. Not for delivery since they'd probably look like part of a violent crime scene but for lounging around the hospital after the baby is here. I was thinking of a pajama pants set with a button up top for easy nursing. Thoughts? Also, nursing bras, underwear, and something to wear home (but what? Maternity clothes? Don't you still look like 6 months pregnant after you deliver?)
4. Depends. Yep, I've heard you might wanna bring a pair of Depends or two. 'Nuff said.
5. Camera/Laptop/Charger. These are Adam's responsibility. We definitely need pictures of Henry and some family pictures especially once I am able to reapply mascara and lip gloss! (No delivery pictures...I'm not that kinda gal. I don't even want to see that!)
6. Aforementioned mascara, lip gloss, brush, ponytail holders, toothbrush, deodorant, and other personal hygiene and beauty essentials.
7. Henry items- specifically a couple of swaddling blankets that I've already washed and some easy diaper-change newborn clothes and socks. Most other stuff they have in the hospital, right? (diapers, aspirator)
8. carrier/car seat
Okay, so what else?