1.10.2011

Sustained.

our little white wedding chapel...


2011 has been a wonderful year so far. Believe me, I have plenty of my moments but God is teaching me how to live today: to not look ahead and get overwhelmed with all that needs to be done or may happen but to look to Him each day and he is faithfully sustaining me. In fact, he is giving me joy and strength as I look to him and creating in me a soft and grateful heart. Thank you, Lord!

For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
he is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.
Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and joy are in his dwelling place.

Ascribe to the LORD, all you families of nations,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
bring an offering and come before him.
Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
(from I Chron. 16)


He's also showing me that when I feel spiritually dry or apathetic, that those are the times that I most need to recall his promises and remember what He has done and who He is. Or else my heart will drift from God and I won't run to Him. (From Psalm 106)

When our ancestors were in Egypt,
they gave no thought to your miracles;
they did not remember your many kindnesses,
and they rebelled by the sea, the Red Sea
(vs. 7)

But they soon forgot what he had done and did not wait for his counsel.
In the desert they gave in to their craving;
in the wilderness they put God to the test.
(vs. 13-14)

I'm so thankful that the Lord is speaking and fills my thirsty heart with good things. I feel very supported and well-fed in this season.

No comments: