8.06.2009

Give Her My Best

Last night, or early this a.m. is actually more accurate, I lay in bed after a sleepy-time feeding with Henry and I thought about the following phrase:

"Give her/him my best"

As in...
speaker A: How is your Mom doing?
speaker B: Oh, she's doing pretty well.
Speaker A: That's great. Give her my best.

What does that mean?

Give her your best wishes? How does the recipient know what these are?
Give her your best thoughts?

Give her your best
stamps from your stamp collection?
hopes and dreams?
cashmere sweater?


And then I thought...
Why am I thinking of this at 3:00 a.m.?? What is wrong with me? Mind, turn off, turn off! Go to sleep! You have limited time before Henry wakes up wanting to eat again.

5 comments:

Lora said...

YOU are as bad as your Daddy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. BTW, why don't you change design :).