8.10.2009

The Simplicity of Now



One of the best things about being Henry's mom is discovering how to live in the NOW.

When he's awake, we DO. We go on walks, we rock and sing, we play on the play mat, we go to the store. We visit friends, we go to playgroup, I give him a bath, we sing & read outside. Things like my novel addiction, facebook, email, and even this silly blog fall way down the priority list and making sure Henry's needs are met, making sure that we're enjoying this day is what matters.

Which is perfect because you know what? I don't want to miss out on today.

I'm not entitled to be Henry's mom. It's not a "right" of mine. The Lord didn't promise me a tomorrow with him. Thus, the gift of the now.

And now is precious.


10 comments:

Lora said...

AWWW-Henry is a LUCKY boy and his Mom is a WISE Mom!

Lora said...

LOVE your haircut!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful mom. You are doing ALL the right things. I love your haircut. It is perfect and I just may get the same! lol

C and G said...

Amen. That is the best way to live! I'm sure you guys are enjoying every minute. We try to live by the same philosophy.

Hannah Lee said...

So well put. You are so right. And you are an incredible mother - beautiful, smart, and selfless.

lindsey said...

Very true. I'm usually afraid to miss one second with Anniston, but there are also times when I get caught up with silly things trying to get my attention. Thanks for the reminder :).

Anonymous said...

潘朵拉日韓服飾購物商城

潘朵拉日韓服飾購物商城專業的服裝批發網站提供您優質的服飾批發日本服飾批發日系服飾批發精品服飾批發精品服飾進口服飾批發流行服飾韓國服飾日韓服飾批發雜誌款服飾批發女裝服飾批發時尚服飾批發少女服飾批發衣服批發等,均為日韓流行時尚雜誌款式的女裝批發,向海內外客戶提供款式最新,品質最好,價格最優的日韓服裝、日韓流行服裝批發。

CaseyWiegand said...

ah you just made me cry...so true, so sweet :)

Frazier's Family said...

Aww..now I'm crying. Not that that's unusual...it happens all the time these days. Having a kid is emotional, no? All you said is so very true...and so very sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

And your are precious my princess.
Love,
Dad