12.08.2009

What would you do-o-o


for a klondike bar?

Nothing, personally...I'm not a fan. Today, we are gearing up for playgroup. I have officially decorated our home for Christmas but not put up a tree (gasp!). I just can't bring myself to do it...the living room is Henry's main crawl-around area and I hate to make it any smaller especially now that it's snowy outside, ya dig ponyboy?

Mary Lou suggested that we put it up in the dining room, which is a great idea but I am currently storing our stroller between walks by the window of the dining room and am not sure where I would move it. I think that we'd be okay without a tree...I just can't decide. I feel so grinch. Christmas isn't supposed to be about what's PRACTICAL!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We put ours in the dining room the first year, at an angle that could be seen nicely in the living room. We put it in the playyard to keep the baby away from it; although putting a free standing child gate around it works, too. Be creative! Decorate that like a white picket fence around your house... don't skip the tree! Have fun! Also, if you go "real" you could get a smaller one to put on a table, but that seems kinda grandmother-ish...

Anonymous said...

OH! and my son was 10 months old at Christmas---he was so excited about the tree, he started to walk that week!

Marylou said...

ok ok. So next idea: decorate a tree outside like a christmas tree with lights and birdseed goodies for the animals. That way you can still see if from out your window and feel "christmas-y"

wait- I just strangely felt like Martha STewart :) aaahhhh!!

CaseyWiegand said...

a. i LOVE your hat b. you dont need a tree! decorations are enough!!!

Deb said...

I have my big tree in the livingroom, but got the cutest little fiber optic tree with tiny little ornaments for on top of the entertainment center. If I weren't going to have fam here I think it would suffice.

Deb said...

Yo Mama is in solidarity.