8.24.2010

Some Random Tid-Bits


Currently am watching Henry roll around in his crib (via video monitor) instead of taking a peaceful afternoon nap. He is wound up- we just got his hair cut (wheeee! sike.). Actually, the barber at Famous Hair was a PRO with kids- major props. He let Henry touch the comb and eat a dum-dum and look in a tiny mirror and was so sweet and patient while Henry sat in my lap. Way to go, hair guy. Regardless of skill, though, Henry was a complete wiggle worm after a few minutes of the Mama-straight-jacket-hold and he may have a few longer pieces of hair...I'm okay with that.

Our girls' group is reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I am really enjoying this book and the discussions that it's spurred. We are discussing chapter two on Thursday, so we're not too far in yet but it's still been a great book by a very authentic and passionate author.

I had a doctor's appointment today. Hopefully, prayerfully, I passed my gestational diabetes test round 1. Today I enter my 31st week of pregnancy. Whoa.

Celebrate Erie was this past weekend. Henry & I went by the festival on Saturday while Adam was at work. It was a spontaneous trip and so I didn't have my stroller. Instead my huge belly lugged my Henry around/chased after him in the crowds. Then we had a cookie and everything was better. I don't know if I told you but at his last doctor's appointment, he was in the 8th percentile for weight. 25th for height. He's a little peanut. However, I am thankful as I carry around a watermelon in my belly and him on my hip. I'm glad that he's the size that he is...and he's thriving- happy, healthy, and WILD.






2 comments:

lindsey said...

Funny...I just returned home from discussing Crazy Love with a couple of friends. We've been doing it for a couple of months, and it has been WONDERFUL. So great to be reminded that there are so many extras in this life that we need to be stripped of and to think about what truly matters. Goood book.

Will pray your appt goes well tomorrow!

lindsey said...

Just realized you don't have an appt tomorrow...my mind...what am I talking about? Will pray you passed your test, ha.