8.30.2008

It's Raining...Babies?

Well, I have to throw out a big congratulations to my Pennsylvania-Texas friend, Sarah Allen! She and Josh welcomed little Adeline Claire into the world Friday afternoon- 6lbs. 7 oz. She came about two weeks early but didn't want to miss her first labor day, obviously.

Also, my hometown buddy, Linzie Ledford Hebert gave birth yesterday to little Hallie Ann! Congratulations, Jeremy & Linz!

I am in Louisiana getting ready for my bestie's shower tomorrow, ol' Mary Lou-Who. She and I went on a walk today and baby Oswalt just would sometimes swing from side to side as we walked. Crazy!

We both agreed it was strange coming back to our hometowns when nothing is as it was! Where did these buildings come from? And where to does this new road/bridge lead? Who are these people? I thought I knew everyone in this town!

Turns out, life keeps on rolling even after you leave home. Who knew?

9 comments:

jackie said...

I agree Camille-and I live here!!! I don't know if you remember me or not, it has been a long time. I'm Jennifer Martin's mom, Jackie. I can't believe all you girls are old enough to be married, much less having babies. I remember the days at Grace UMC with all the giggling girls in the pews!! Have a great time while in LA.

Lora said...

HEY-have you been using my computer????????? I've got stuff for you to do-GET BUSY!

adrian seney said...

Ruston is quite the place now.......still having a hard time with the service road being one way...oh, well!! Hope the shower is nice and you enjoy your visit home!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hi Mrs. Jackie! Of course, I remember you. Saw a clip of Jennifer singing lately- she is incredible!!!

Olson Family said...

Camille!!! Are you safe from the bad weather headed to your home state???

Ann Miller said...

it's weird, huh? i remember feeling almost offended that there were people in my town that did not register themselves w/me!! i'm over it now b/c there are more people there now that i don't know than people that i do!

Deb said...

I was thinking like Jackie...about all you gals in Sunday school arguing with the boys....about EVERYTHING! It is rather shocking to think of you all being married. Josh was home and was talking to someone and said, "my wife..." and it just sounded crazy even now that it has been three years. Now some have started the baby trend.....just seems so impossible!!! It makes me happy and sad at the same time. Time is moving toooo fast for me!

B-HO said...

ARE YOU STILL HERE?....I wanna see you!! ANd yes its weird being in RUSTON very few people I recognize!!MISS YOU!

brown eyed blogg said...

thanks for the chumbawumba encouragement. haha. lol. we need to have a chio reunion in dallas.