Guess What? The baby had flipped. Mary Lou & Brian took it as an answer to prayer (she was uneasy about the c-section) and went home and sent the family back.
However, this past week has not been easy on ol' Mary Lou. She has been slightly frustrated as life is on hold until the baby comes. She had wrapped up work and is now just waiting with hormones sailing through her baby-filled body. The following is an email she wrote me the other day.
Now, normally, Mary Lou is just sweet as a peach. Patient, thoughtful, always thinking of others. So, hormonal, over-due Mary Lou is HILARIOUS to me. She is fiesty and very entertaining to me (Listen, she can make fun of me in 5 months). So, I give you (with permission from the author), Mary Lou's email:
Just wanted to update you all on the lack of news in my life. Today I am 40 weeks and one day pregnant. So when people ask the happy question "when are you due?" I get to tell them YESTERDAY. I came as close as I ever have to hitting a little old woman with my Bible at church yesterday. "Have you had that baby yet?" Gee lady.....does it LOOK like i've had that baby yet!!?? Other favorite questions/comments include "when are you going to have that baby?" (if I knew that, I could probably predict the future right?) "you look like you're about to pop!" (does it make people feel better about themselves to say this?) and the classic "Are you dilated?" (no thanks I do NOT want to discuss the condition of my vagina/cervix with you, perfect stranger) Here is a comprehensive list of the things that I have tried to "have that baby"
1. walking....around 45-50 minutes a day....tried running (after conversation with linz when she said she tried the same with hallie) but ended up looking like a penguin trying to escape from the zoo
2. pineapple...supposedly helps to induce labor. in the last 3 days have had 2 pineapple smoothies and am currently working on large plastic container from the grocery store
3. bouncing on exercise ball (my mom is somehow convinced this will hurt her head?)
4. sex- ironic that the very thing that got us into this mess is supposed to get us out of it eh?
5. baked "labor-inducing cookies"....these lovely gems have a long list of ingredients including ginger, cloves, cinnamon, honey, and cayenne pepper. All I got was heartburn and then diarrhea
6. Spicy foods...been adding tabasco to my peanut butter sandwiches. Had jalapeño nachos - no help.
7. vacuuming- will be trying this today. Someone at my work claimed that helps. I think it's a ploy by someone's husband who was trying to get out of doing chores.
8. Riding down bumpy roads
Any other ideas -crazy or not -welcome. I am a desperate woman here. PLEASE COME SOON BABY!!!!
LOVE YOU BESTY! Thanks for letting me share your story!