5.10.2010

My Heater Is On


This was us last week- playing outside in the heat while wearing sunscreen!
He was playing with tupperware and water.
Seriously, why buy toys? They seem to prefer household items.

Truly, our heater is on right now. It's May. Sad.

I am eating parts of Henry's grilled cheese sandwich and I feel a little remorse about this but I keep reminding him that it's for his baby brother or sister. He seems okay with this logic although it prevents him from feeding Powers the extra pieces (a favorite pastime.)

Back to the thermometer: I am currently disappointed in the lack of warmth (it is 43 degrees right now at noon) but am rejoicing that Mr. Sunshine is out! Henry and I bundled up and walked to the YMCA this morning because we were sick of being inside! It felt good to be out and about in the sun and made me feel hopeful- warmer weather must reappear soon, right? Adam and I almost bought two plane tickets to the south last night, we were so cold. Then, we reassessed and figured that we'd wait until our vacation time to go and visit family...you know, since we already have tickets for that time...and we have a few things here that can't be left behind. Like Powers. And our yard when we're trying to sell our home.

So, all in all, we're having a nice, albeit cold, day. We have a lot for which to be thankful. Hope you are enjoying your Monday!

2 comments:

Sarah Duke said...

Happy Mother's Day one day late! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! I also hope y'all can warm up up there :) It's 90 here...good ole' Louisiana.

Gabe said...

Our humidity awaits with open arms. Please, come sweat with us.