3.07.2011

Date Night.


Back in April of 2007, Adam & I began a book called All About Us. It's basically a Q&A book where each person answers questions about each other, himself/herself & your relationship. We liked filling it out but we (shockingly) never finished the book.

On Saturday night, Katie came to watch the kids and Adam & I went to the local thai restaurant with a bottle of wine and revisited the All About Us book. I was at a point where I could not talk another second about residency, match or what the future may hold so I grabbed the book on the way out the door. And, guess what? We had so much fun reading our responses from four years and two kids ago. We were also able to answer the questions again and begin finishing the unanswered sections. Fun date.

I recommend this book for you & your spouse. I mean, there are definitely questions that we left unanswered because they were totally inappropriate (i.e. which of your spouse's friends is the sexiest? Pass.) but most of the questions spurred on good conversation and it was just downright fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had this book and the All About Me one for years and neither has been used... thanks for the encouragement!

I so appreciate that you knew what you did NOT want to talk about. I think that is really important. Kuddos to you for making sure your evening out was fun and enjoyable for you both.

Thank you for letting us get to know Henry and Elliot through your blog.

Love,
Denise

Tiffany said...

Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion! Sorry to read about your friend, Clint. :( Prayers to all...

C and G said...

Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like a cute idea.