3.15.2011

Good News!





Well, we got the email yesterday at noon saying that Adam had successfully matched to one of the programs on our rank list! YAY! Now we wait until Thursday to find out which program that might be. Regardless, I'm excited about every place that we listed and looking forward to new adventures!

Something that I love about Adam: He, when talking to other med students, often says, "We ranked such-and-such as our number one spot." or other we sentences concerning us and the match/medical process. The other day, someone in the hospital asked him, "Oh...is your wife a medical student, too? Did you do the couples match?" And Adam was like, "No. But we are in this together. Cam got me through medical school!"

I love that about him.

In other news, Henry woke up from his nap yesterday and was babbling away and playing with his stuffed animals in his crib. I went in to turn on the lamp and turn off the fan, then I heard Elliot so I said, "I'll be right back!" and left Henry's door open and him happily playing in the crib. While I was tending to Elliot, I heard the pitter-patter of Henry's feet behind me and him saying, "Heeeeeey".

How did he get out of his crib?

8 comments:

The Dugdale Family said...

Congratulations! I know y'all are so relieved to be going somewhere of your choosing!!!

Bethany said...

I love little Elliot's laugh! And Henry never ceases to amaze me.

Hannah Lee said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear where you will be growing some new roots. It may be time to move to a big boy bed....

lindsey said...

So excited for you guys!! And, I am a big fan of the "we" statements...too sweet of your husband! Excited to hear where you will be!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful. The two of you derserve the best that life has to offer. It's going to be tough still, with long hours and crazy toddlers and preschoolers BUT of course you both can make it!! Your nice Erie friends wish you the BEST!!! (cry cry, sniff, sniff) Keep us updated, don't forget about us back in "Snow City" !!!!

Loralu said...

WHY would be surprised that Henry is climbing out of his crib already???

Joanna said...

I'm sure you saw my facebook comment too, but I'm just so excited for y'all! Can't believe we'll be looking for the same in a year from now. And yes- it is a "we" because I know you have had to sacrifice many things as a med school wife/mother and you do it with such grace. I know the Lord has a wonderful place in store for you!

Nancy Hicks said...

Congratulations to you guys!! I remember knowing we matched was a big relief!!! I can't wait to hear where you guys will be!