1.04.2009

Gratitude Moment

The other day I was sitting in this meeting at work.  I suddenly felt our little nugget kick and so I put my hand on my belly where he'd kicked and gave him a little nudge.  In response, he gave me a little kick back- right into my hand.  So i nudged him again and he kicked me back.  We did this a couple of times and I almost burst into tears in the middle of the meeting.  How stinking cool, how miraculous is this gift that I don't deserve.  

I think about how easy it is to get caught up in worry- worry about his health or finances or whatever.  It's so easy to throw myself into planning- planning for his arrival, planning for his life here.  How sweet it was to sit and have a moment of just pure joy and thanksgiving.  It was an awe-inspiring moment and I felt like I saw a new part of the Lord:  his simple delight in our lives. In our being.  In our being JUST as we are, made unique by his hands, crafted in his image.  

I thought about how delighted I was that our son had acknowledged my nudge with a kick and wondered how God felt when I acknowledged him, just simply remembered him and thought about him, apart from all the other random distractions going on.  I pray that I stay in a grateful attitude and have my heart fixed on lasting things and not consumed by worries or plans.  

7 comments:

Lora said...

HE loves us totally beyond reason and in a manner that NO ONE else will ever-ever love us. Good analogy about responding to Him being there! LOVE MY SWEET LITTLE PG DAUGTHER!

adrian seney said...

Precious. That's all I can write.

Lindsay said...

How amazing!

Bethany said...

That's amazing Camille. You might have a little soccer player growing inside you.

Brooke & Freeland said...

very sweet!

freakface said...

Since I missed giving you the body pillow suggestion, here's one for you - do NOT engage in shenanigans with Junior in ANY icy or snowing parking lot. You push, he kicks. You push, he kicks. You push, he kicks a little harder, just as you hit an icy spot. You go feet over tincups and...yeah. You'll laugh about it when he's 8.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Great post but I would kick back too if you were poking me in the eye.