1.25.2009

That Good Ol' Baylor Line...

Sic' Em Bears!

I dreamt last night about living in Waco and our beloved Baylor University.  I woke up really missing all my old haunts and a little nostalgic for those good ol' days.  We are thankful that God brought us here and placed Adam in medical school and has provided friends and community in Erie.  We like where we are.  But we lived in Waco for six years.  We met our senior year in college at Baylor and dated for a year and a half before we got hitched. Then we lived in Waco during our first year of  marriage in this teeny-tiny rent house down the street from the most delicious custard shop (Oh, Katie's...we miss you.)  while we both worked and Adam applied to medical schools.  

I'm content in this season but it certainly made me want to buy a plane ticket and go back with my sweetheart and visit all of our favorite places.   I am so excited to show Baylor to our son and, obviously, he has no choice but to be a Baylor Bear.  He will bleed green and gold by extension.   


3 comments:

adrian seney said...

So, does that sweet baby boy have any Baylor clothes yet???

adrian seney said...

Oh, maybe his name (at least the middle) could be Baylor??!! Hmmm, maybe something you should consider.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

No, not yet! He needs a Baylor onesie, huh?