5.03.2009

Baby Spa Day

So far, Henry has not enjoyed his sponge baths. You can't give him real baths until his umbilical chord falls out (please...any day now...it's getting kinda stinky), so we sponge him down and wash his hair. Well, so far, he has hated it. BUT, yesterday, we tried something new. We ran the shower as hot as it would go and filled the bathroom with steam. Then we brought him into the bathroom and layed him down on his mat and gave him his bath. No complaints from our little man! He was happy as a clam. And THAT may be the secret to the sponge bath. Kinda like a sauna. Lucky kid.

We went on a walk today in the sunshine and it was so nice. The weight drops off so quickly after you deliver and that is really encouraging to me. i gained about 41 lbs. and I've already lost 25 all while eating dessert every night. It's probably the breast feeding too because I wake up in the middle of the night with my stomach growling. Just to encourage all you present and future baby makers...

8 comments:

Olson Family said...

Babies HATE being cold! We keep them all cozy for so long it probably feels like Alaska during sponge bath time!

Jack's umbilical cord stayed on for over 2 weeks and finally our pediatrician told us to stop rubbing it with alcohol so much because we were "preserving" it!!! HA go figure.

Anonymous said...

Camille, I could not figure out why Caleb would scream when I bathed him and not when Scott did. After I while I was petrified to give him a bath. Finally, one day I happened to feel the water that Scott had drawn and said Its too hot. I finally figured out that i was bathing Caleb in water that was way too cold. I couldn't believe it. At least I learned that Scott did not have some kind of magic baby bathing powers.

Hannah Lee said...

You look great and congrats on the weight-loss. You already looked fabulous but I know its encouraging for the scale to say so. Keep up with nursing..it was my secret to weight-loss success. :)

Bethany said...

Thanks for the encouragement friend and for the bathing tip.

Anonymous said...

Cam,
You look great & Henry gets more handsome every post!

Chrome Cowgirl

Lindsay said...

I'll have to remember the bath tip..in a couple years!

Deb said...

You guys are too smart!

Brooke & Freeland said...

awww im glad little Henry is enjoying bath time now! And thats awesome all the weight is coming off so quickly - WITH sweets every night!