5.04.2009

Fast Days



All my days are so fast now. Feedings and naps fill the days and it's amazing how quickly the day is gone! I am trying to savor each day and each little snuggle with our baby. God's timing for this pregnancy was perfect- Adam has been home studying for boards until May 29th and then he'll start his rotations on June 1st so we're getting a lot of quality family time. Plus having Henry's wonderful Mama Lulu here has been such a blessing. She really is such a humble servant and has made life so easy for us.

After a week of awake time during nights, Henry went 5 HOURS between his feedings last night! He ate at 10 and stayed awake kinda fussing until 11:40 or so...kinda fussy...and then he slept until 3 a.m. when I finally woke him up to eat! Can you believe that? After that, he'd wake up every 2 1/2 hours or so to eat but what a delight that he slept that long! We'll see if that repeats or continues but I was definitely thanking the Good Lord. Maybe we're getting our days and nights straight!



Mary Lou & Tristyn sent us this sweet monkey hat for Henry. Pretty snazzy, eh? It went well with his monkey onesie from Aunt Sam.



Thanks for the sweet lamb towel, Mrs. Helen! Even though you might have meant it for Henry, Adam's really taken a liking to it!

7 comments:

Olson Family said...

haha that is a good look for Adam! Maybe he can wear that for good luck when he takes his tests!!

Our Family said...

Oh my gosh, he just gets cuter and cuter!!! I want to stop by and see him again, but I have had a cold so I didn't want to pass that on! I love the hat!!!

Hannah Lee said...

Now Adam is probably the only man I know that could pull off wearing a cow-hooded towel! Too cute! So glad to hear that he slept a 5 hours stretch...pretty impressive! Hope he keeps it up!

Deb said...

WOW! Five hours ....you are doing great! I am so impressed! Plus you are dropping those lbs. fast.

freakface said...

New fishing hat!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, he is adorable. And he looks more like a 1-2 month old than a newborn. He seems so alert! Things will level out with the sleeping around 3 months or so. I remember I got lucky with my son and he was sleeping 8-9 hours overnight around that time. So there's hope! lol

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that in the picture, Adam is holding him like a DR! Funny, bc the first time I took my son to the pedi, she was holding him in a couple of postions that scared me but of course were good and comfortable for the baby! Adam must have it in him....