5.07.2009

So Long, Farewell!

Well, I haven't blogged since Monday because I have been slightly sleep-deprived and trying to function. We had a much better night last night so this morning I am feeling pretty darn good.



Mama Lulu (My mom) is leaving us tomorrow. It'll be a sad day. She's been here since April 15th and we have loved having her here. She's so easy to be around, so encouraging, and she works so hard to bless our family and ease this transition. This verse comes to mind when I think of my mom:

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Phil 2:3-4

That's quite a difficult challenge but my mom truly lives this way and has blessed and loved us so well. We will miss her but she says we need to be a family of 3 (or 4...with Powers) now. I know she's right but I just get a little weepy thinking about her leaving. I've gotten used to having her close and not so many states away in Louisiana.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed

-Proverbs 31:25-28a


We'll see you soon, Mama Lulu. We love you!

4 comments:

Danny Lucas said...

Since you choose to leave us at a time when Erie, PA is about to bloom into its best, allow me a moment to tell TWO moms, Camille and Ms Lulu, "Happy Mother's Day" to both of you moms.

It is never too early to say Happy Mother's Day, especially if your priorities in life are established.

My mom had a dozen children, 99 grand and great grands when she died last May. That number has grown to 101 since last May 21st.

I have seen many babies in their first days of life.
This young man, Henry, is among the finest I have viewed. You are blessed.

And we have been blessed by all of you coming into our community and hearts.
You Cajuns like Lagniappe, or the "little gift" or "something extra".

Thanks for the Lagniappe to our community you have all brought.... by your established presence.

And Ms. Lulu, Come back!

Bethany said...

I love that verse in Proverbs. You mother has been amazing and has blessed you guys tremendously. Henry is going to miss his Mama Lulu.

The Tylers said...

What a sweet MAMA you have! I know you'll hate to see her go, but I know you are a GREAT mama and will continue to do a wonderful job with sweet Henry!

Christie Lee said...

Gonna cry....What you wrote is precious!