5.26.2009

Gettin' there.

Adam is off taking his boards right now (prayer) and, to distract myself, I just have to report that the running is improving. I had my 3rd official run yesterday and I walked for 5 minutes to warm up, ran for 10 minutes, walked for 5, ran for 10, and walked 6 to get back home. So, my running increments are getting longer and I think that normal runs may be just around the corner! I was feeling much better during the run and I didn't feel so hunched over and like a 90-year-old with a peg leg. I also used the ipod and pumped up the motivating tunes to get my legs moving on tempo and that certainly helped (not to mention the people driving by while I ran...they helped too).

I also tried to do abs and realized that I have no abs any longer. I don't know if they've even reconnected since I had Henry. Doing normal crunches was okay by trying to do anything lower-ab-y was pathetic. BUT it feels good to be doing something and I am enjoying getting back into exercising- it makes me a much more pleasant and balanced person to be around and gives me energy to keep up with my three men.

Plus, I'd like to fit into my jeans again one day...and NOT my maternity jeans.

4 comments:

freakface said...

As the hubby of someone who had more than one c-section, I can tell you that it is going to be a while, and you may never get all the feeling back, due to the nerves that are severed in the procedure.

Lora said...

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM----it takes a while, but the feeling eventually came back after every surgery I've had---although no C sections! I will say that I am beginning to wonder if I will ever have feeling in the top of my head again!

Bethany said...

Some day girl... you and I will be at the WC doing some of our crazy intense work-outs again...with our little boys with our big boys...some day...maybe by end of September/early October...some day.

Marylou said...

Oh don't worry about the abs! (I honestly don't know about the c-section) but I felt like that at first too and mine are...well..as back as they ever were ;) (I WON'T say they are good!)