5.15.2009

Two firsts

I am proud to announce that Henry and I went on our first outing by ourselves last night. I went to my girls' group and I put him in the car seat by myself successfully and it was my first time to drive since he was born. I feel so much better now that I know we can get out and about even without Adam and I feel less chained to the house.

Also, Adam gave Henry his first bottle today. I pumped for the first time and got over 3 1/2 ounces off one side before i quit (I was feeling really good about that...like a rockstar...)


9 comments:

Lora said...

LOOK how much Henry J has grown! Did he get slightly confused with his Poppa doing the feeding or did he say, "Good Chow, Pop!" I didn't know you had it in you (well actually he didn't have it in him!)

Our Family said...

I am so glad I got to see you last night!! Henry is so sweet and you look great!!!

Lora said...

I just noticed how Henry has his lets straight out in the first pic-TOO FUNNY! I have laughed and told our "Small Group" about his drunken "milk stupor" after eating!

lindsey said...

So sweet to see a man with his baby...must be neat to see that kind of love.

Deb said...

Driving is huge! Freedom! Henry will be your little buddy now and will just "go with" all the time and it will be fun. I miss those days so much. He is such a cutie!

Hannah Lee said...

I am so glad getting out and about has been a smooth transition for you and Henry J. Girl, I took Jackson everywhere. I really had no choice since Nick was gone and he just took to it great. Good job with the bottle, Pops! Glad things are going so wonderful!

The Tylers said...

YEAH for firsts! Have a great weeks!

The Tylers said...

Nice. Week not weeks:)

Bethany said...

I'm proud of both of you!