2.24.2011

the prodigal god


My girls' group Bible study is currently reading the Prodigal God & it's been really good. I mean, it's following up Crazy Love & Forgotten God (both by Francis Chan) so it had a tough act to follow. But it is a very in-depth look at the Parable of the Prodigal Son and takes a much harder looks at the elder brother i.e. the pharisee/super-striving religious feels entitled heart and the younger brother- both want the things of the Father but not the Father.

Anyways, I can't do an adequate job describing this book but I am enjoying reading it & talking about it with my girls' group and I sadly see more elder brother in my heart than I'd care to admit...

But I love that the word prodigal actually means recklessly extravagant and so that's why the book is called Prodigal God. His love and grace are extravagant and completely unmerited.

No comments: