5.26.2008

The Big Easy Debacles


Mary Lou & Baby Girl




Me & the besty, Mary Lou



I had the best time in New Orleans. I love that city, folks. There is no other place like it. It has such a unique feel and culture and you could just walk around all day long and never get tired of seeing beautiful homes, fantastic art, and smelling mouth-watering food.





I won't tell all the stories in this post because it would be entirely too long. Suffice it to say that I loved getting to see my pregnant best friend (baby is going to be a girl!) and her hubs, Brian. It was Mary Lou's 25th birthday and we ate yum crawfish. My favorite thing about crawfish is peeling. Because you work hard for your food and it makes you appreciate it more, you know? It tastes better because you worked for it.




We rode the street cars in New Orleans. You should've seen us sprinting after the street car a good 100 yards from the street car stop. Don't worry, we caught it and then we rode to the end of St. Charles. THEN the streetcar driver made everyone get off, she flipped all the seats around, and made everyone pay to get back on. Mary Lou and I were cracking up but it was worth it because St. Charles' Street homes are beautiful and I saw the house that was on Flip that House. Anyone? The historic home turned into a duplex? Anywhoos...

Mary Lou & I are opposites in many ways. I wish I was as organized and crafty as she was. Look at her new project- she's actually growing herbs in her kitchen! Go Martha, it's your birthday!



The 90's version of trivial pursuit lasted over 4 hours. I finally pulled out a win- although Mary Lou had dropped out of the game at this point. She was a wee bit sleepy. It was 2 a.m., after all...




It was hot & humid and I loved it. I forgot about taking a shower, drying your hair, putting on your makeup and walking out the door to be hit with 100% humidity and your face melts off. But I brought back the warmth with me and it feels like summer here in Erie! More New Orleans stories to come- for now, I'm going to spend some time with my 2 boys & go pick up my mom at the airport- woohoo!

5 comments:

The Tylers said...

Great to see the both of you and so happy for ML. Glad you had a good time in NO but I cannot imagine that you miss the humidity:)!!! Love the blog.
Suzanne

Brooke & Freeland said...

glad you had such a great time! Its more humid in Texas right now than I ever remember it being and I keep thinking "how did camille put up with this in LA?" Does she have a name yet for her baby??? Im so glad you got good time together while she is prego!

Deb said...

ahhhh I love the pics. Mary Lou looks adorable. A girl...Track and Faye must be thrilled!! I am glad you had a great time...now just try to keep that Mama of yours in line. Tell her not to be too hard on the Erieites.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

LOVE flip that house!!!

N'awlins is only 7 hours from me....I am so going to try and get there for a long weekend before we get transferred out of this joint. I want to go and eat and see houses. I love houses and food.

I hate hate hate humidity....there is no purpose for a shower in the summer here!

Leggo my Preggo looks nice and healthy and glowing also!

Anonymous said...

so much fun! Love you besty!!