5.02.2008

Friday Night Wild Nights

Going to the grocery store on Friday night is the bomb, people. Adam & I can whip through without worrying about traffic jams in produce and we can take our time bargain shopping for fusilli (yes, I'm making this pasta again, Adam wants to try it with buffalo instead of shrimp this time.) We may be big dorks for grocery shopping on Friday nights but it's so much fun, people, and at least we have each other. Word to the wise, though- don't go grocery shopping when you're hungry. We definitely see the difference in our checking account & cabinets correlate. We'll end up with some random snacks in the house that I didn't even see Adam slip into the buggy. Oh, alright- I might do it a little bit, too.

I do have to let you know- I bought tofurkey again. I can't help it- I like it, folks!

6 comments:

lesli said...

the life of marrieds... it's so outrageous=) we were really wild and crazy on our friday night... we accidently snoozed for a little bit watching law and order and then justin cooked breakfast for dinner and we watched oprah! someone call the cops!

Anonymous said...

did you say Buffalo?"

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh, yeah . Ground bison- it's delicious and really lean!

Unknown said...

Hey, it's all good, I like going grocery shopping on Fridays, too! Luckily Wegman's wasn't very busy last night. Didn't have to fight anyone over soymilk...lol.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I really like Bison Burgers!
You really don't like tofurkey...you just THINK you do. Trust me, you are not doing yourself any favors....it is ok to give it up. I give you my blessing! We will all look the other way and keep the "I told you so's" to ourselves.

Ann Miller said...

i made the pasta and used half and half instead of heavy cream. when i actually looked at the nutritional info on the back of the heavy cream, i just could not do it. i wish i did not know! i also added some white wine when i was cooking the shrimp. i thought it was awesome and so did steve and the kids!
i agree w/the food addict on the tofurkey. stop the madness!! you cannot talk about eating ground bison and tofurkey in the same breath!!!