5.08.2008

Teeth Cleanin' Time

I have suggested giving Powers a good ol' mouth cleaning for some time now. You see, everytime he licks you, your arm smells like sun-baked poop. Adam always resisted- saying how unnatural it was to brush a dog's teeth. So we'd try the floss bones, mint chews, but nothing really helped. Lately, though, Powers' breath has reached an all-time stank, resembling decaying fish mixed with rotten eggs. Adam finally agreed to the ol' brushy-brush. We found an old toothbrush and used Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste.


Wait, what is that? Yum, I need to lick it.




Ugh, wait, wait. No. this is not beefy! This is...(gasp) good for me!




Wait, this baking soda is surprisingly refreshing. That commercial IS right.




Yeah, get that cranny right there. I've been tasting that old piece of chicken for weeks.




Time out- I've got a booger.




Resume please, thank you.





Try Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste. Co-stanza.



By the way, if you're a guest at our house and you happen to see that same toothbrush in your guest basket... don't worry! It just LOOKS the same, okay? It's a different toothbrush, though. Yeah...

7 comments:

Lora said...

TMI!POOR POWIE!

Our Family said...

Poor Powers! I had to clean Lila's teeth today. She has some dog toothpaste and usually ends up licking it off her brush. But it does make her breath smell better! :)

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I am hoping that you flossed also....you can brush all you want but you get crusty rustys in between and it was all for not. My cats actually have to be put out and the vet cleans their teeth. Mr. Fiskars is a huge seal point himalayan and I think my vet was secretly afraid that once alone in the room w/Mr. Fiskars, that he would proceed to turn on him and clean the vet's teeth. Mr. Fiskars kind of has the purrrsonality of Naomi Campbell, if ya know what I mean.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Tell Power's to close his mouth also. His teeth are so sparkling clean now the light is bouncing off his teeth and blinding me.

Kitten said...

Oh I hate brushing my dog's teeth. You shouldn't use human toothpaste though - just a paste made from baking soda and water works just fine.

Brooke & Freeland said...

cuteness .. Im glad you talked him into brushing the teeth!! Those are great picture too!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Was into Toys R Us today to get some bubbles. Thought of Powers. They have this bubble machine that makes these ginormous bubbles for dogs....the catch is.....the bubbles are CHIK'N SCENTED. I about gagged but perhaps Power's would enjoy this??? I have the machine at home for my kids w/plain ol'gazillion bubbles. The bubbles are amazing....I actually play w/it myself quite often alone.