5.07.2008

Refrigerator Budgeting

Adam & I are reassessing our budget. This involves writing every penny spent down on a big, magnetized pad of paper stuck slap on the middle of the refrigerator for the month of May. For every penny spent, the other spouse gets to whip you with a limp spaghetti noodle.

Not really. But it is good for us to write these things down. I think Adam & I can get too reliant on our handy-dandy online checking and money seems more "real" when you're recording it by hand, evidence for all to see (in the kitchen). Like, Powers, for example. He's always judging our spending habits. Not everyone can be as frugal as you, Puppy.

6 comments:

Lora said...

OH, YOU ARE TURNING INTO YOUR MOM! I have written down FOR YEARS what I spend. I keep it for a year or more so I can go back & compare. IT'S AN ILLNESS!

kjds said...

crown.org
this transformed our marriage and my spending habits. one of my best marriage tips to date ... and did i mention, the one thing we don't fight about or stress over is money?

miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

That's funny b/c my hubby and I are doing the same thing. Writing down every penny we spend. Been doing it for 2 weeks and it does help me be accountable! We are saving for a bigger house, so I am willing...

B-HO said...

If you really want a cool budget system---I can hook you up with the real deal "BUDGET LADY" I lived with her in Texas while I did the Program and she will whip ya'll in to shape...its free, its a really cool ministry based through Denton Bible Church--You would LOVE her! Her name is Ms. Brenda and she is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

So cool to see that you are tracking what you spend! It's a real eye opener. If you are interested in taking this deeper, Grace Church in Erie has a budget coaching ministry. We're going to offer a great course in the fall called Financial Peace University. It is awesome.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

eeeek, I am glad that I have a stainless refrigerator .....NO magnetized pads will stick to that puppy!!!!