5.05.2008

Creamy, Crunchy.

For Cinco de Mayo, do you know what song is in my head? Gloria Estefan- "Turn the beat arouuuuuund.... love to hear her passion! Turn it upside doooooown! Love to hear it, love to hear it, love to hear it!"

Adam Jennings eats an entire jar of Jiff reduced fat, crunchy peanut butter every week. It used to be Peanut Pan honey roast crunchy but after the salmonella debacle, they only make creamy. Boo. Back in Waco, at the "gucci" HEB, there were peanut butter machines. The best machine was the honey roasted peanut butter machine- inside was pounds and pounds of honey roasted peanuts. Pull the lever and the peanuts went through the grinder and out came the oozy, delicious, honey roasted peanut butter. Mmmmm. Maybe I should add that to my Amazon wishlist.

5 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

We use reduced fat Jiff also. I use it in my no bakes w/rolled oats (not instant) so I feel as though they are really healthy cookies. All that fiber and cholesterol wicking away while those rolled oats travel the blood stream w/the reduced fat Jiff. Peanut butter is a good fat anyway, isn't it?

Lora said...

50+ years of Extra Crunchy Jif-I AM AN EXPERT! No reduced fat for me-I want mine fully leaded! Peanuts are really good for you & a great energy booster!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

LOL, we had the Gucci HEB in San Antonio also...it was HEB Marketplace. I loved that store. We also had the ghetto HEB too.

Anonymous said...

for some reason I thought the song always went, "love to hear percussion." hmmm...this sounds like a debate for lyrics.com!!

I try to justify my use of full fat peanut butter by the fact that I do not eat a jar of it a week :)

Brooke & Freeland said...

oh its so true. He eats more PB than anyone I have ever seen. SOOOO - Do you want us to bring you up some PB from HEB when we move?!! I think I could make some room for that! Oh & did you know that there is a PB restaurant in the Detroit airport? I forgot to tell yall that I saw it and thought Adam would die.. Everything has good ol peanut butter on it!