6.17.2008

Camille's Gypsy Tea House

Okay, due to recent ramblings that this blog may be turning into a Harry Potter tribute blog (hem, hem), I shall post about something else. I’ve always had this little idea in the back of my mind that, if I were to ever start a business, I would open the following:

A tea house. It’d have some catchy name like Camille’s Gypsy Tea House. Have you ever been to the Mad Hatter’s Tea House in San Antonio? If yes, then okay, kind of like that. It needs to be Bohemian but not too much so. I’d want it to be a “cool” atmosphere, but not “too cool” so that if you don’t have on black converse sneakers and a discreet band name on your shirt, you’d still feel welcome. You know what I’m talking about.

I’d want it to be an inspiring place, like when you were there you’d want to pull out a journal and write or whip out a sketch book and draw. I’d want it to be a welcoming atmosphere, lively but peaceful. Oxymoron? I think not. I’d also want a backroom there where you could have little get-togethers like showers or brunches or random things like that. But it wouldn’t be just a girly place, no sirree Bob. And just because it’s a tea house does not mean that we wouldn’t serve coffee, mkay? Coffee indeed. Oh! And there would be awesome curtains on the windows. Like 1920’s paisley prints.

Oh, and we’d have not just normal plastic tables but a conglomeration of eclectic tables and really comfortable couches and lots of lamps.

Oh and one night we'd have to have like an open mic night so that people could come up and play their guitar or read their poetry or do an interpretive dance. Hmm, maybe not so much on the interpretive dance.

Anyone want to fund the invention of Camille’s Gypsy Tea House? Any takers? Free coffee for life?

P.S. This is what all the mugs would look like

Classy, no?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Going with the gypsy theme, you could serve Zhena's Gypsy Tea ->

http://www.gypsytea.com/

Lora said...

CAMILLE-AS I HAVE TOLD YOUR DAD A MILLION TIMES-SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK-YOU CANNOT JUST BE OUT "FRONT" GREETING & MEETING & BEING CHARMING! As much as I love you & your Dad-I DO NOT VOLUNTEER TO DO ALL THE WORK-YOU CANNOT COUNT ON ME! Go ahead-pursue your dreams-but remember your Mom's wise words!

adrian seney said...

Wow, Aunt Lora, aren't you supportive?! You realistic people are always crashing the dreams of the creative. Camille, I support your dream of the coffee shop, but only if you have it in Ruston!!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Holy Schmollies!!! I used to eat at the Mad Hatter's tea for lunch all the time when I lived there. How funny you would mention that. Are they still open??? They used to give you those rolled grape leaf thingies....I can't remember what they are called...they are to the greeks kind of like what pickles are to Americans on the side of your sandwhich. dromelades or something like that.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

LOL, now that i have read your whole post. I freaked when I saw mad hatter tea. My son wants to do the same thing.........he wants to have local bands play and have a coffee/tea house. If you want to move to Omaha perhaps you could go into business together.

Lindsey said...

i'm in cami! I'll work the resgister and help you shop for those awesome mugs and cute little lamps.

B-HO said...

PLEASE MOVE TO RUSTON AND DO THIS---WE NEED SOMETHING like this ---I was just telling someone the other day that the "Coffee Bean" was way ahead of its time...remember that place?Anyways please please please move back...tell ADAM that we are always looking for good docs...MISS YOU and LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

And I can be in the back covered in flour baking goodies for your customers- parfait!

Brooke & Freeland said...

I will loan you the money. The check may have a banks name on it & not mine but ignore that. Its my money. Freeland & I will do open mic nights for you.

Im pretty much obsessed with Mad Hatters & tea so I think its a fab idea. Clearly lots of people are happy to join in also {like me - pick me - please!} Then Adam & Freeland can run the business they always talk about in the back {F&A}Lord.

PS. I love the blogher ad you put on. Much better than the google ones. I may have to borrow that idea. :)