11.29.2007

Looks like we got us some butterflies!

What the heck, people? 0 comments yesterday?!

Ha, well I'll show You! I"ll make my blog so awful, so boring, so dull that NO ONE will ever read it again!!! So there...

Just kidding. Anywhoos, I love being able to run again now that my achilles is healed. I tell you people, there's nothing like running for me. I mean, I like the results from lifting weights but I do not enjoy the actual act of lifting weights, you know? Especially when its meathead hour at the Y.

Flashback sequence: When I was in undergrad, we had this huge, glorious fitness facility. One day me & My roommate's sister, Leah, were lifting weights. Now, the weightroom had 2 different levels- the upper level was all machines aka the girl/wimpier boy level. The lower level was free weights- aka meathead hour- 24/7. Except there was this one really hard core girl who was one of those body builders who could've beaten up a football player. So, she could hang out with the boys down there because she had the physique of one. That sounds mean but its true and I think thats what she was going for so I don't think she'd be offended.
Anyway, me & Leah were like, you know what? Lets go down there because I really want to do fly's with the free weights (5 lb.'ers! big time.) So, we nudge our way into a little corner in front of the mirror and grab the 5's. All around us are huge people doing curls with weights heavier than Powers. Behind us, also, is bodybuilder girl. In a deep voice, (altered by supplements?), she said "Looks like we got some butterflies down here."

C'mon, girl....ish. What happened to solidarity, sister? But nevermind that. Leah and I exchanged a glance in the mirror, finished our set quickly, and stole away to the safe 2nd level to giggle. Bless bodybuilder girl's heart. (Did you know you can say anything bad about anybody as long as you say "bless her/his heart." ? Its true.
Just Kidding.

Flashback sequence over. Anywhoos, the point is I like running. I'm glad I can do it again. However, its increasingly difficult in Erie in the winter. What does one do when the snow piles on and the roads are icey? And also, its dark outside when I get home. Whats that all about? I think its hibernating season. Why can't we join the other mammals and eat ourselves silly and then sleep for a few months?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should join Pennbriar!

Olson Family said...

would i remember this bodybuilder???? sHE sounds scary.

Olson Family said...

would i remember this bodybuilder???? sHE sounds scary.

Anonymous said...

Buy Icebug running shoes. They have carbide tips on the soles for traction on ice and snow. They're made by Garmont. www.garmontusa.com. Oh, and buy reflective clothing for running in the dark. And just get used to it. Welcome to the glorious north!!!

Anonymous said...

i actually lifted weight (yes free weights) down there quite shamelessly. Though I did stay in the corner by the water fountain (much safer) and always made sure that I was good and sweaty from the elliptical so no one would want to talk to me.

Adam Jennings said...

you're funny!

kjds said...

cam. you are funny and fun times. i am excited about sharing said times with you tomorrow at the airport. (for a moment i tried to type airport in spanish and then realized i didn't know what it was and you would know ...) also, cold and dark is life in the winter away from texas. sad, yes. but a grand time to take up the following: blockbuster mail-to-you movie rentals, sewing (i started last winter!), and learning to get exercise with your dog inside ...

Anonymous said...

I am sorry if I sound desperate or pathetic, but would you PLEASE get some new material on your blog. I depend on you and your mother for my daily entertainment. BTW, you know you are good when you get comments from people that do not even know you. Apparently you made the Erie newspaper. Quite famous!!

Adrian