11.20.2007

push, shove

Thoughts on Black Friday:

I actually heard today that Cole's will open at 4 a.m. on Friday morning. 4 a.m.! And, you know what? There will be a line to the state line to get inside and grab after random crappola marked at 89% off. Yow-za. I would rather jam a fork straight through my hand than go shopping the Friday after Thanksgiving. I think that any money you save on presents by "hitting the big sales" will be blown on the therapy it takes to recover from being body checked by a 250 lb. mother of 4 whose daughter wants the last Tickle Me Elmo.

4 comments:

Ron said...

My wife loves going out on Black Friday, but I'm not a big fan of sitting outside a store for hours to save a few bucks. You know what I did last year? I went online at 5am and got the same deals at the store (WalMart.com), and got my shopping done for my wife and my daughter. And the shipping was reasonable too.

Why wait in line and pray you don't get trampled, when you can sit in your comfy chair, click a few times, and then go back to bed?

Olson Family said...

HILARIOUS...bodychecked by a 250 lb mom buying the last tickle me elmo...haha you are great

you know you'll be in line at target running over all the little girls to get the hannah montana sparkle eyeshadow at 5 a.m. on friday...see you there!

Olson Family said...

HILARIOUS...bodychecked by a 250 lb mom buying the last tickle me elmo...haha you are great

you know you'll be in line at target running over all the little girls to get the hannah montana sparkle eyeshadow at 5 a.m. on friday...see you there!

Anonymous said...

I think I would rather stick straight pins in my eyeballs than go shopping on black Friday!

Love,
Adrian